We at SalonCentric are fully committed to fighting the unauthorized sale of product at non-salon retailers. Thanks to secondary coding systems and advanced methods of product tracking we have been able to cut off diverters in record numbers. We also require current cosmetology licenses for all of our customers and mandate that all accounts with missing or outdated license information be updated and validated or the account is deactivated.
WHAT IS DIVERSION?
Diversion is when products are sold in “unauthorized” places. Salon professional products you find outside of a salon are considered to be “diverted.” You might see a few bottles in your local supermarket, drugstore, online or at a discounter store.
WHY IS DIVERSION BAD?
Diversion hurts your business. If clients purchase professional products outside the salon, for what they believe to be a cheaper price (it usually isn’t), then they’re not going to buy it from you. Also, it hurts the professional industry by weakening the stylist-client relationship and the credible need for professional recommendation of the best products for the clients’ hair.
Diverted products could be a health hazard.They are often counterfeit, diluted formulas, or old, expired formulas that may not be safe to use. Irritation or even infection can result from the use of diverted products. It’s also illegal to divert products.
WHO IS DIVERTING PRODUCTS?
Products are diverted by unauthorized distributors and salons or their employees, plus other dishonest individuals who see profit in piracy.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP STOP DIVERSION?
You can make a difference and protect your business!
- Be suspicious of anyone wishing to purchase products from you in bulk.
- Don’t risk it! If you are approached by a product collector, don’t buy their story. Try to get their name and telephone number.
- Spread the word! Tell your clients about the potential danger of diverted products.
- Educate your clients on why they should purchase products only through you. Let them know that the quality and freshness of the products they are purchasing can only be guaranteed when purchased through you.
- Remind clients that salon products purchased at mass retailers are at least 10% higher than when bought at their local salon or spa!
- Remember to reinforce how only you, their professional stylist, can offer the expert advice to give them the proper recommendations for the right products to keep them looking great each and every day.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF APPROACHED:
- Because of our successful efforts to fight diversion, collectors are desperate and might go to you for products. Stop them and do NOT sell to them! If you are approached by someone trying to buy from you in bulk, try to get their name and telephone number and contact us at NoDivert@us.loreal.com or call our hotline at (800) 503-3997.
- Share the information with other salon professionals in your area.
- We abide by anti-diversion agreements with our partner brands and manufacturers. Customer accounts that are flagged as diverters will not be allowed to shop on the site.
If you feel your account has been flagged in error, please contact Customer Care.
For your convenience, you can now text us! Text support is available Monday-Friday between 7:30 am - 7:30 pm EST at 1-727-369-4401. You can text, directly from your cell phone for help with anything except order placement. For order placement, you can log in at saloncentric.com. When texting, please provide specific information (account number, order number, case number, etc) and one of our reps will reply with a resolution! There is no limit to the amount you can text.
Need to speak with us directly? We are available Monday-Friday between 7:30 am - 8:30 pm EST at 1-877-250-9215. Please note, we are closed on all major holidays.
You may also reach us by email by filling out our online form.