What It Is
A hair relaxer for curly hair effective on a range of curl types, from loose waves to curls and coils, providing consistent results without scalp irritation.
What It Does
• Provides straightening, conditioning, and scalp care and comfort.
• Texture versatility with trusted, consistent results.
• Smoothing and moisturizing blend of shea butter, cocoa butter and honey.
What Else You Need to Know
Available in two strengths, the Fine/Color-Treated formula is color safe and ideal for fragile and fine hair types, while the Normal/Medium formula is better for straightening and smoothing hair that is thicker.
• Before Relaxing: DO NOT SHAMPOO. Check condition of client's hair and scalp. Select correct relaxer strength. Avoid vigorous brushing, combing or tugging. Wearing protective gloves, conduct a strand test using *Relaxer Application* directions on a small section of hair. Proceed only if condition of hair and scalp are good.
• Relaxer Application-step 1: Apply protective MIZANI Butter Base on skin around hairline and ears. Avoid hair. Set timer according to Relaxing Timing Chart (listed on pack) prior to application of product. Wearing protective gloves, apply a generous amount of MIZANI Butter Blend relaxer to most resistant area using back of rattail comb or application brush. DO NOT apply to scalp. Continue application throughout entire head, parting in thin sections. Complete all sections and apply to hairline last. With gloved fingers or back of rattail comb, gently smooth hair at scalp area until desired straightness is achieved. DO NOT exceed recommended timing. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
• Proceed to step 2: selecting Option A-condition with MIZANI PerpHecting Crème Normalizing Conditioner, or Option B- MIZANI Balance Hair Bath Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo.
• Conditioning Directions-step 2: Option A- Conditioning before neutralizing shampoo. Apply and distribute MIZANI PerpHecting Crème Normalizing Conditioner to hair and cover with plastic cap. DO NOT USE HEAT. Leave in hair for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Apply 1 to 1 1/2 oz. MIZANI Balance Hair Bath to hair. Lather and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat. Option B- Neutralizing Shampoo before conditioning. Apply 1 to 1 1/2 oz. MIZANI Balance Hair Bath Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo to hair. Lather and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat. Apply and distribute MIZANI PerpHecting Crème Normalizing Conditioner to hair and cover with plastic cap. Rinse, towel dry and proceed to normal styling.
Aqua/Water, Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Hydroxide, Laneth-15, PEG-75 Lanolin, PG-Hydroxyethylcellulose Cocodimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch
Rated 5 out of
Clients love the way their hair feels after using the Butter Blend relaxer.
Date published: 2022-07-31