What It Is
This innovative no-mix, spray-on demineralizing treatment works to effectively reduce 7 of the most common types of metals + minerals in just 4 minutes. The result is better, more even color + chemical services, revived color vibrancy, restored smoothness and bounce, and improved effectiveness of products and styling.
What It Does
• Removes mineral + metal buildup in just 4 minutes - A concentrated cocktail of chelators targets 7 of the most common minerals and metals, for a deep demineralizing refresh in minutes. No mixing and no extra rinse needed.
• Resets hair for optimal chemical and color services - Helps ensure even color + lift, and prevent unexpected chemical reactions.
• Revive color vibrancy - Removes discoloration from mineral and metal reactions + reveals true hue before and between chemical services.
• Restore natural texture + bounce - Draws out even hard-to-budge mineral deposits that cause buildup and weigh hair down.
• Repair enhancer - Clean, demineralized hair allows the K18 PRO service to work better.
What Else You Need to Know
• Chelation Cocktail: A unique blend of 5 chelators with a range of metal attractions is clinically proven to reduce 7 of the most common metals and minerals from the hair: Calcium, Magnesium, Copper, Zinc, Nickel, Cadmium, Lead.
• Antioxidant Peptides: Our antioxidant peptide blocks oxidative reactors and neutralizes metals in the hair for double the protection against reactive damage.
Clinically proven to reduce 7 types of metals and minerals in just 4 minutes*
*results observed on bleached hair tress with hard water buildup after 4-minute application of chelating complex
Clinically proven to significantly reduce discoloration from copper and chlorine exposure**
**results observed on bleached hair tress exposed to copper and chlorine after 4-minute application of chelating complex
Won't impact lightener lift or processing time***
***results observed on brunette hair tress with hard water buildup that was bleached after 4-minute application of chelating complex
1 - Shake well before use. Turn trigger to “on” position
2 - Section dry hair into 4 quadrants
3 - Apply 6-10 sprays per quadrant based on length and density.
4 - Hair should feel slightly damp. Work through to evenly distribute.
5 - Wait 4 minutes. Do not rinse.
6 - Follow with K18 PRO Mist, wait 4 minutes. Do not rinse.
7 - Perform chemical service and wash with K18 detox shampoo.
8 - Towel dry + apply of K18 PRO Mask. Wait 4 minutes, do not rinse.
9 - Style as usual.
*For most extreme cases of mineral buildup: Process up to 10 minutes, then shampoo hair with K18 detox shampoo. Towel dry + begin service.
How to use as part of a styling service or as part of a K18 PRO service standalone treatment:
1 - Section hair into 4 quadrants,
2 - Apply 6-10 sprays per quadrant based on length and density.
3 - Hair should feel slightly damp. Work through to evenly distribute.
4 - Wait 4 minutes.
5 - Wash with K18 detox shampoo.
6 - Towel dry + apply K18 PRO mist, then immediately follow with K18 PRO mask.
7 - Wait 4 minutes, do not rinse.
8 - Style as usual.
Water (Aqua) (Eau), Polysorbate 20, Carnosine, Trisodium Dicarboxymethyl Alaninate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Gluconate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Gluconolactone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Inulin, Sapindus Mukorossi Peel Extract, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.
Rated 3 out of
Not their best product to date.
Used it on one client prior to their lightening service, knowing they don’t often wash their hair before any appointments with me and was really hoping to see some of the buildup come out in the wash. Followed it with the detox K18 shampoo like it says and saw nothing. I’ll stick to the Malibu brand to pre my clients hair before a service.
Date published: 2023-05-11
Rated 5 out of
this is amazing
No more black dots when highlighting!!!!!My clients hair is shinier and bouncier. Love this stuff, the only problem is how quickly I go through it because I use it on everybody. Taking the k18 service to the next level!
Date published: 2023-04-05