Source: Photo Courtesy of Antonio Estrada (@antestrada)
Beauty trends in 2022 are all about embracing your inner space cadet. We're talking intergalactic looks that are out of this world. From galaxy nails to space buns, now is the time to get inspired by styles that will make you shine like a shooting star. #ItTakesAProTeam artist Antonio Estrada (@antestradahair) gave us the the scoop on how to create this stellar new twist on his celebrity-approved signature pony.
Check out the tutorial below.
- Section hair into two pony tails and clip all the hair away in back to help make the process more clean.
- You should have two sections on each side of the top of the head.
- Apply Big SexyHair Polished Up at the hair line and use a boar bristle brush to snatch each ponytail into place. The boar bristle brush will help distribute the product and be in control.
- Add the synthetic hair and do a rope braid disguising real hair.
- Create two sections. Twist both sections the same direction then wrap them in the opposition direction. Read that again and repeat!
- Wrap the rope braid into a bun leaving out the ends to add the spike details. Repeat on other side.
- Pin bun into place.and grab your shears.
- Start placing the spikes and cut any hair that doesn’t go with the vibe you're going for. You are the stylist, afterall. You're probably going to want to skip this step if you're not using synthetic hair.
- Use Big SexyHair Spray and Play Firm Volumizing Hairspray to lock the spikes into place.
- Flat iron rest of hair and use Healthy SexyHair Re-Dew Restyler for shine.
- Now request your Uber and and get ready to party.
- Big SexyHair Polished Up
- Healthy SexyHair Re-Dew Restyler
- Big SexyHair Spray & Play Firm Volumizing Hairspray
- Synthetic hair for a pop of color and bigger buns
- Boar bristle brush
- Shears (optional)
Want to step up your braiding skills even more? Check out this twist braid tutorial courtesy of Antonio.