Mizani Artist Danielle Akrie describes a Style Shifter as someone who believes that her hair is a part of her identity, and what better way to express that than through her changing her hair. Her clients come in for cuts, color, twist-outs, braids and more, changing up their look up to 25 times a year.
To help her clients in their style shifting journeys, Akrie makes Mizani Coco Dew—from the new Style Shifter Society Collection—part of the experience, as seen in the video above with Akrie demoing a wash ‘n ‘go. Coco Dew is a pre-styling spray to give curls a volume boost before diffusing. Use it as a primer before True Textures Perfect Coil Oil Gel or any other Mizani styling product. It’s also a re-styler to refresh and moisturize texture in between wash days. Formulated with coconut extract, the lightweight formula will help define your client’s texture while leaving a fresh, light scent. Coco Dew is perfect for layering and emulsifies perfectly underneath your favorite Mizani stylers.
- Shampoo and condition hair with Mizani True Textures Moisture Replenish Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Detangle hair with Mizani 25 Miracle Milk in sections.
- Spray Coco Dew to hair evenly from roots to ends and gently rake in with fingers.
- Rake in True Textures Perfect Coil Oil Gel from roots to ends with fingers.
- Repeat for all sections.
- Air dry or diffuse.
- Use Coco Dew on day two- or three- hair for a curl refresh spray throughout hair to add moisture and definition as needed.
Diffuse hair to 75%, then spray a few pumps of Coco Dew throughout the hair for an extra volume boost.