If there’s one thing you need in your back pocket to service curly hair clients, it’s the wash ‘n’ go. A cleansing and styling method without the use of heat, protective styling or manipulation techniques, a wash ‘n’ go can transform dry, lifeless curls into a head of lusciously hydrated, defined locks. According to Ouidad Master Artistic Educator, Ayanna John (@aaugustinejohn), the wash ‘n’ go is popular right now because it’s an easy way to style curly hair, especially when in a hurry or when curls are really tight, as it’s a great way to style with minimal frizz. “Stylists should learn to perfect this technique because they need to teach their clients how to recreate it at home,” says Ayanna. Here, she shares her steps for achieving the perfect wash ‘n’ go.
- Ouidad Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner & Primer
- Ouidad Finishing Mist Setting & Holding Spray
- Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel
- Ouidad Mongongo Oil
- Shampoo and condition.
- Apply Ouidad Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner & Primer to mids and ends of hair.
- Section hair into five quadrants, or more if that feels more comfortable to work with.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel to each section, thoroughly saturating the product through.
- Comb through gel with fingers all the way to the ends and shake.
- After styling is complete, spray Ouidad Finishing Mist Setting & Holding Spray on the hair to set curls as it dries. You can also choose to spritz Ouidad Mongongo Oil on the surface of the hair for extra shine.
- Allow to air dry.
- After hair dries, apply Ouidad Mongongo Oil to break cast and soften curls.
Style this at the shampoo bowl to maintain a max moisture level because a wash ‘n’ go is usually done while in the shower.
Source: All Photos Courtesy off Ouidad