Photo Credit: Getty Images
If Lizzo’s majestic Grammy opener or her three wins for the night―she was nominated eight times―didn’t grab your attention, her Old Hollywood red carpet look certainly did. Clad in a va-va-voomwhite Versace gown, fur stole and jewels, the superstar singer and rapper added the cherry on top with glamorous Veronica Lake-esque waves.
According to celebrity hair stylist Shelby Swain, the inspiration behind the look was “definitely Old Hollywood glam meets 70’s Cher vibes. ”In describing the process, Lizzo’s longtime stylist says, “Normally, we collect inspo from all forms of social media, watch movies and videos from all different periods. From there, we bring our ideas together and narrow down our favorites. Once we are narrowed down, we find a way to fuse the looks together while putting a unique spin on the styles to really create a look we can call our own.” Check out the breakdown of the glam below.
GET THE LOOK
1. To ensure hair is picture perfect, begin by cleansing and conditioning the hair using Matrix Total Results Dark Envy Shampoo and Matrix Total Results Dark Envy Conditioner. I love the Matrix Total Results Dark Envy Shampoo and Matrix Total Results Dark Envy Conditioner collection because they perfectly tone and remove any brassiness from the hair so that each snap of the camera is radiant and true to tone.
2. To alleviate any stress on the hair, reinforce the conditioner with Matrix Total Results Dark Envy Color Obsessed Mask to soften the hair and neutralize red tone.
3. Once hair is cleansed and conditioned, begin styling.
4. For the Elegant Vintage wave, use the Matrix Total Results Curl Please Contouring Lotion on damp hair and then blow dry hair with the GHD Blow dryer to create volume.
5. Curl and finish the hair using the GHD Curve Curling iron, Matrix Total Results High Amplify Proforma Hairspray and Matrix Total Results High Amplify Flexible Hold Hairspray to help build volume, lock in the style, but still keep natural movement.