SexyHair Educator and #ItTakesAProTeam Artist, Antonio Estrada (@antestradahair), teaches you how to create the High Pony showcasing new techniques, tips and tricks, and his favorite SexyHair products for getting the look.
- Big SexyHair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse
- Style SexyHair Protect Me 450° Hot Tool Protection Spray
- Healthy SexyHair Smooth & Seal Anti-Frizz & Shine Spray
- Big SexyHair Get Layered Flash Dry Thickening Hairspray
- Big SexyHair Powder Play Volumizing & Texturizing Powder
- Big SexyHair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray
- On dry hair, apply Big SexyHair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse at the root area and blow dry hair back.
- Starting in the back profile at the nape using Style SexyHair Protect Me 450° Hot Tool Protection Spray, create flat iron curls working within vertical subsections. Hair is curled at midshaft leaving ends out.
- Continue working up the head shape repeating movements and curling everything towards the center back. Once curls have set, apply Healthy SexyHair Smooth & Seal Anti-Frizz & Shine Spray and brush out curls with paddle brush.
- Starting at the nape, attach clip-in extensions in the back profile working up the head shape placing extensions upside down for a fuller pony.
- Using an elastic with two bobby pins and Big SexyHair Get Layered Flash Dry Thickening Hairspray, gather hair right above crown to maximize volume and secure into place. For a softer look, leave hair out around the front hairline.
- Using Big SexyHair Get Layered, wrap a section of hair around the elastic to hide.
- Starting on the underside of the ponytail, use Big SexyHair Powder Play Volumizing & Texturizing Powder to tease at root area for additional volume and support.
- Finish with Big SexyHair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray for hold.