When cooler weather hits, it’s the perfect time to learn new styles for the season that will excite guests. “This look is for the gal that has a tremendous amount of hair. Locks are woven into a fishtail crown to create a quick up style that has tons of volume in all the right places, with a delicate natural detail that makes it wearable for any event,” explains Anna Peters, Sam Villa ArTeam.
Holiday How To: Braided High Crown
1. Apply Redken Guts 10 through first inch of roots for control and volume, and then apply Redken Satin Wear 04 through out mids and ends for heat protection and an easy blow dry.
2. Using the Sam Villa Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer for faster drying and extra shine (with the ions option on) and a Sam Villa Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush, directionally blow dry hair from the back to the front hairline.
3. With the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron, inject texture, volume, and grip into the hair by sliding the iron down random sections and compressing versus going section by section. This will create a more natural finish and save on time.
4. Flipping head up side down and starting at one corner of the nape, create an attached fishtail braid incorporating all the hair from the sides and moving diagonally up the back of the head to the opposite side hairline. Once at the hairline, continue the fishtail braid all the way to the ends and secure with an elastic.
5. Gently pull braid to create fullness, one side at a time, starting at the elastic and working up towards hairline. Then, pull braid back onto itself and place along hairline. Tuck ends into hair and secure braid with grips.
Credits: Hair/Sam Villa ArTeam; Photo/Katie Parker; Wardrobe/Brittany Hart; MUA/Nicole Schimel; Model/Nausheen Ahmed @nausheen_ahmed