- Create your first line bald to the top of the ear.
- Open your clipper going against the grain.
- Close your clipper halfway to remove the first guide line.
- Repeat for the taper on the other side and nape of the neck.
- Use a 1 ½-guard all over for desired length.
- Then line around the neck, ears, and front hairline with trimmer.
- Take a dime-sized amount of Baxter of California Cream Pomade, and rub into palm of hand. Apply with the grain of the hair.
Shampoo your client. Working on a clean canvas is key and this ensures the client will have longevity with the cut.