- Take the first guide line up to the occipital bone with a half.
- Then take a 2-guard going with the grain following the guide.
- Take 1 ½ going against the grain to remove the second guide line.
- Blend in the line from ½ to 1 1/12 with a 1-guard.
- Take a 7-guard for desired length at the top.
- Line around the neck, ears and front hairline with a trimmer.
- Bring sideburns to a point.
- Take a dime-sized amount of Baxter of California Thickening Style Gel to use for light hold on the curls.
Spray Mizani Lived-In Texture Spray and backcomb the hair to create more volume.