While clean fades are a barber staple, more clients are allowing the top to grow to enhance their short, medium or long curly hair says Steven Wren (@mrwrencuts), CEO of FadeAWay Barber and Beauty Expo. With some added design for flair, the classic cut gets a modernized and trendy style. To re-create this curly faux hawk, check out Steven’s steps for getting the look.
- Start off by slightly dampening the hair using a spray water bottle and applying SexyHair Healthy Tri- Weave Leave-In conditioner.
- Using a Denman brush, work the leave-in conditioner through the hair for even distribution.
- Apply SexyHair Love Oil to help lock in the moisture of the conditioner and ensure the guest’s hair is properly hydrated.
- Using a quarter-sized amount of SexyHair Style Ultra Curl Cream, apply the product roughly the hair.
- Using a Denman brush and working section by section, brush the curls in an upward motion allowing the natural curl to form.
- Finish with a shot of a diffuser on medium heat for a frizz-free, defined curl and cut look.
A faux hawk is a great style choice. Natural curls are a perfect complement to a smooth fade and hair art design. When working with textured hair, the key to amazing curl definition is moisture. Leave-in or rinse out conditioners and curling creams are essential in maintaining healthy curls.