- SHOP CATEGORIES
- Dry Shampoo
- Cleansing Conditioner
- Oil & Serum
- In-Salon Service
- View All Hair Care
- FEATURED BRANDS:
- Authentic Beauty Concept
- It's a 10 Haircare
- L'Oreal Professionel
- FEATURED BRANDS:
- Authentic Beauty Concepts
- It's a 10 Haircare
- Cutting Tools
- Skin Care
- Body Care
- Hair Removal
- Barber Shop
- Sanitation Essentials
- New Arrivals
- STORE LOCATOR
Shades EQ Gloss Demi-Permanent Color Hair Toner 2 oz.
Selected Shades & Availability
What It IsShades EQ Gloss is an Acidic Demi-Permanent Hair Color used to gloss, tone, and refresh color.
What It Does
• Use to enhance, enrich, change, match, tone down or intensify natural or color-treated hair
• Tone pre-lightened or highlighted hair
• Refresh and renew faded mid-shaft and ends
• Restore color to highlights
• Correct uneven, brassy, or overly vibrant colors
What Else You Need to Know
Exclusive to Redken:
Why settle for less than number 1?
• Shades EQ is the #1 Acidic Demi Permanent Haircolor in the United States
Shades EQ is the healthiest way to tone!
• It is best to use an acidic demi permanent color after lightening hair as it offers gentle processing for outstanding condition and shine!
• With Shades EQ, there is no need to worry about banding or harsh regrowth as acidic color does not lift.
Shades EQ provides the industry's best true violet acidic toner!
• The best-selling 09V is every stylist's must-have.
• Mix in a 1:1 ratio with Shades EQ Processing Solution
• Shades EQ Gloss may be applied with a bowl and brush or bottle and may be diluted with Crystal Clear to lessen intensity or customize any shade
• Process at room temperature for 20 minutes, up to 40 minutes for gray hair
• For resistant hair, process for 15 minutes with plastic cap under pre-heated warm dryer. Remove cap and cool for 5 minutes
• For resistant gray hair, process 20 minutes with plastic cap under pre-heated warm dryer. Remove cap and process for additional 20 minutes at room temperature
• Follow with Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner
• Shades EQ is the perfect choice for enhancing, enriching, toning down or intensifying natural or color-treated hair! Use to refresh and renew faded color at the mid-shaft and ends (zones 2 and 3) while processing permanent color at the regrowth (zone 1).
• Shades EQ is great for blending gray hair without lifting the hair's natural pigment. It can also be used to correct uneven, brassy or overly vibrant tones.
AQUA / WATER / EAU ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL SODIUM C14-16 OLEFIN SULFONATE DECETH-3 PROPYLENE GLYCOL COCAMIDE MIPA OLEYL ALCOHOL PPG-2 BUTYL ETHER LAURYL ALCOHOL PEG/PPG-4/12 DIMETHICONE PPG-5-CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE SODIUM SULFITE COCO-BETAINE ETHANOLAMINE MYRISTYL ALCOHOL PARFUM / FRAGRANCE SODIUM CHLORIDE ERYTHORBIC ACID CETYL ALCOHOL SODIUM CITRATE WHEAT AMINO ACIDS BENZOIC ACID EDTA TETRASODIUM EDTA THIOGLYCERIN PHENOXYETHANOL DISODIUM EDTA BHT POTASSIUM SORBATE PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE SODIUM METABISULFITE
[+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR TOLUENE-2,5-DIAMINE 2-AMINO-6-CHLORO-4-NITROPHENOL 1-HYDROXYETHYL 4,5-DIAMINO PYRAZOLE SULFATE m-AMINOPHENOL 4-CHLORORESORCINOL 2-NITRO-5-GLYCERYL METHYLANILINE 3-NITRO-P-HYDROXYETHYLAMINOPHENOL HC RED NO. 3 RESORCINOL 2,4-DIAMINOPHENOXYETHANOL HCl 5-AMINO-6-CHLORO-o-CRESOL 4-AMINO-2-HYDROXYTOLUENE p-PHENYLENEDIAMINE 2-METHYLRESORCINOL p-AMINOPHENOL 6-HYDROXYINDOLE 2-METHYL-5-HYDROXYETHYLAMINOPHENOL N,N-BIS(2-HYDROXYETHYL)-p-PHENYLENEDIAMINE SULFATE 2-AMINO-3-HYDROXYPYRIDINE]
• Acidic pH: ensures gentle processing for outstanding condition and shine
• Long-Lasting Colorants: creates vibrant color that fades on tone
• No-Ammonia No-Lift Formula: minimizes swelling and cuticle damage
• Wheat Amino Acids: helps lock in moisture and protect condition of hair
• Silicone: improves shine and wet combability
Rated 5 out of 5 by Justine from Shades EQ is superior. Shades EQ is absolutely superior to all other Toners I have ever used in my 6 year career as a hairstylist. I have recently discovered them about a year ago and have been using them ever since. I will never go back now, I don't know how I have gone so long without them.
Date published: 2022-01-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sunshine105 from I love this Love I used 2 different formulas I did a color melt and I love how my hair turned out. Highly recommend I use this at the salon I work at too
Date published: 2022-01-23
Rated 3 out of 5 by Michele from Redken Shades EQ 8N Result was 2 shades darker than expected. End result was a level 6 when an 8N was purchased.
Date published: 2021-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ashley from Best Demi out there! I love these for glossing and toning! They are true to tone, powerful pigment when needed and have a ton of color selections.
Date published: 2021-12-30
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mandy from Funny they wanted a review. Never received it... So, I can't rate it, other than being a less than 1 for not receiving it. Seems to happen a lot with my Salon Centric orders. Normally I ignore these "please review" emails, but this is about the 5th time I've never received the order... and they ask for a review... so, here it is.
Date published: 2021-12-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aplovesjp from Love it! Love shades eq. It’s great to add to toning formulas.
Date published: 2021-12-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by WinterPark Toni from Superior Hair Color Absolutely the best semi/demi permanent hair color ever created. Adds shine, great coverage and leaves hair in great shape.
Date published: 2021-12-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lori from shades is my favorite! I have very fine hair, and so do a lot of my guests. I can use Redken Shades for toners, but I also use it as an all over hair color on a large percentage of my guests because the integrity of their hair is so awesome, and when used as an all over color, also leaves their hair in a natural looking state instead of a less natural cover-up look. Especially for older clientele that are not ready to go natural, this is great way to keep vibrancy in the hair and also add awesome shine and condition! Thank you for the bonder!
Date published: 2021-12-17
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 17.1.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
- reviews, product